Wednesday, February 3, 2010

NEW BAND WE JUST HEARD THAT WE LOVE - STREETS ON FIRE


So Chicago Music Project hasn't been the best at checking out their myspace page, claiming it's now almost a defunct medium full of crap. When I insisted that it was still a worthy way to find new music and talent, my boss said "fine, then you take care of it."

So now I'm in charge of myspace. Lesson learned, I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

So today I embarked on my duties and started cleaning out the inbox and came across Streets on Fire - and I personally haven't been so into a band's sound since I first heard Bailiff's "What I Was" back in 2008.

1964 got me moving where I sat - and each song continued to impress me. Grimy beats, bravery-esque vocals and all out danceable grooves made this band stand out above everyone else.

Do yourself a favor and check them out - you won't be dissappointed. I'm going check them out at Debonair on the 19th of February, I'm hoping they sound just as good live!

REVIEW COMING SOON!!

1 comment: